NQC vs Mindscript

I'm an experienced programmer who is new to mindstorms.
NQC is great, but you don't hear much about MindScript. Having looked
at both NQC and MindScript (downloaded as part of the mindstorms SDK at http://mindstorms.lego.com/sdk2point5/default.asp ), I find it hard to see any specific advantages of NQC, particularly in the area of event handling. Am I missing something?
Anyone willing/able to comment on the relative merits of each?