Atmel Programmer

http://www.lancos.com/e2p/avrisp-stk200.gif
ok i built the above programmer using an at90s2312 also completed crystal circut......
anyhow long story short, i can read security descriptors, but anything else failes the led also never lights up, the par port is giving me 4.6 volts and 96ma but the power drastically drops when i run an action, vcc to the atmel only carries 2.1 volts or so ...
Any ideas? been over the circut 30 times it matches......

I'm not completely sure what you mean here.
Is the HC244 supposed to get it's VCC on pin 20 through the diode D1 from the target circuit?
If so, is the target circuit powered up?
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622

else
and
atmel
Couple of things to check.
1. Make sure that the diode is good 2. Check that capacitor. It's there to filter out hi frequency noise 3. Check all grounds and be absolutely sure that they are connected. 4. Next power up the whole thing (programmer, computer and target) Check: a. Power on Target circuit (vdd at the anode of the diode) b. Power on the programmer (vcc at pin 20) c. voltage on Pin 11 of the programmer. It should be close to 5v. The resistor is a weak pull-up resistor. You may have to put that pin on a scope.
If everything above check out good, replace the target chip with a known good one.
Good luck
---Keith Lehman
--|-- wrote:

where are you getting your +5V from?