27cxxx programmer for linux??

Hiya
im after a simple schematic for a programmer for 27cxxx (27c512) eprom, does anyone know of any?? i havent found any on google
ideal there would be software for linux,
one ofher thing i was woundering about was is it possible to download the curent program on an eprom if theres no code protection of course, is there a way to do it if there is code protection???
cheers
greg
On 7 Jul 2003 09:14:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote:

I've heard of a couple and some with a sourcecode you could ossibly compile in the linux enviroment.

A plain eprom has no code protection, inso far as nothing protecting the code from being read or copied, at least that I know of (in theory, one may be able to program EPROMs with weak bit techniques)

Gary Tait wrote:

An EPROM is a simple memory device. If you can't read it then you can't use it either. An EPROM that can't be read should go into the trash.
Bill K7NOM
jeff wrote:

----------------------- Parallel EPROMs can't have any code protection, or they can't be read!

------------------------ http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Pgmrs/EPROM/AndrewMcCubbin/_ClikMe1st.htm
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!