27cxxx programmer for linux??

Hiya

im after a simple schematic for a programmer for 27cxxx (27c512) eprom, does anyone know of any?? i havent found any on google

ideal there would be software for linux,

one ofher thing i was woundering about was is it possible to download the curent program on an eprom if theres no code protection of course, is there a way to do it if there is code protection???

cheers

greg

Reply to
jeff

I've heard of a couple and some with a sourcecode you could ossibly compile in the linux enviroment.

A plain eprom has no code protection, inso far as nothing protecting the code from being read or copied, at least that I know of (in theory, one may be able to program EPROMs with weak bit techniques)

Reply to
Gary Tait

An EPROM is a simple memory device. If you can't read it then you can't use it either. An EPROM that can't be read should go into the trash.

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

----------------------- Parallel EPROMs can't have any code protection, or they can't be read!