NQC code for Inventorbot

Dear NG,
Proud new owner of RIS 2.0 seeks work around for the fact that the software
only runs on Windows 98/ME!
Since I don't have a 98/ME machine available (who still does?!) I was hoping
to find the NQC code for Inventorbot, thereby using the standard firmware
image in my early experiments. I have done the Google thing, and have
logged an issue trying to connect to Lugnet's news server - no cigar! (or
NQC code for that matter).
Wondering if you have come across any translations from what I assume is the
graphical program in the standard (98/ME) software, to NQC or other that I
can feed to my Inventorbot.
Thanks,
James.
Reply to
JW
Are you trying
? You will find a ton of information there and a lot of smart AFOLs to help you with the program.
Bob Fay
Reply to
Bob Fay
wrong, also works for XP :) But not under Linux ...
I do :)
I was hoping
Yes lugnet news servers is on port 1119. try news.lugnet.com instead
What about brixcc ?
This is THE soft you need if you start getting to NQC. Shall you need some help, try Dave Baum books, or just ask.
Regards Khan,
Khan
Khan,
Thanks for your reply - amazing the difference the right URL and port number make - shame I couldn't find this information under NNTP page on the site.
Having done some more STFW since my earlier post, I believe that the RIS software will work on XP *but* only after applying an XP patch and upgrading the tower driver. These requirements were not obvious to me at first investigation.
Thanks again,
James.
Reply to
JW