LEGO Star Wars game - any thoughts?

Demo seems great - anyone playing the full game?

Kind regards

Bruno

Reply to
Iddqd

Demo's awesome, but I may be out of money. That's lame 'cause I want the full game badly. Gonna buy it as soon as I can. (Bass guitar strings take priority, then, we'll see.)

Reply to
Michael Bradley-Robbins

I haven't played it at all yet, I have seen a video for it though. I will probably get the full game for the XBOX soon though.

Reply to
Gav

games good.

You even get to play episode three ... which is sort of a spoiler for the movie since it is not yet out in theatres. Actually, episode 3 is out in hard cover book format at wallmart anyhow *shrugs*.

I like it, the free-play mode after the scenes is what gives it that extra fun.

I have found some buggy issues with cut-scene transitions, so if you do get it, keep your paws off of the controllers when it goes into and out of cut scenes or you may lock up the game and have to re-set your xbox console.

Reply to
Tsueg

I rented it from Blockbuster and am enjoying it very much. For some reason though, the "Free Play" mode is dimmed out. Any ideas on how to unlock it?

Reply to
jwade

I think you've gotta beat the game first (wild guess).

Reply to
Dinguss

Tell me what the game is like? Has it got a very good storyline? Does it just follow the storylines of the movies? Is it quite an easy game? is it more focused at kids than gamers? What are the game modes? are there different difficulties? what is this free play mode? what are the graphics like?

Tell me about this stuff, basically write me an in-depth review about it.

Reply to
Gav

Each episode is divided into 5 or 6 chapters lifted from scenes in the films, there are some significant omissions - I would have loved a chase through Coruscent (sp?) for instance. Superficially it is quite easy, you have infinite lives and you could probably get to the end credits of each episode in one evening if you wanted to. The real key to completing the game is collectibles

  1. you can collect and buy (with studs) different characters to use in freeplay mode.
  2. within each chapter you can collect cannisters container parts for a model based on a vehicle found in that chapter. Completing a vehicle gives you lots of studs.
  3. you need to achieve jedi status in every chapter in order to unlock a fourth episode (I haven't got there yet since I don't want to play episode 3 yet). Jedi status is attained by collecting a sufficient number of studs and this actually takes the edge of the infinite lives since everytime you die you can lose some studs.

There is only one difficulty level. Free play mode allows you to revisit a level with different characters and find cannisters which were out of reach in story mode. Some cannisters can only be reached using characters with dark force powers for instance. I love the graphics, but some of that could just be because I love seeing lego models I own rendered in a game.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Bosman

Got it, it's great! I refuse to do Episode 3 until I see the movie, but the day I see the movie, I'll start the Episode 3.

Reply to
Dinguss