WinCE-RCX communication.

Hi all,
I am trying to get a WinCE PDA to communicate with the RCX for my MSc
project. Since the RCX running on brickOS does not support IrDA I will
have to write some sort of communication protocol. Apparently WinCE
communication with the RCX is something new, although somebody did
manage to get it working with the PalmOS, but that's propriety
software.
From your experience, would porting LNP to WinCE be a good idea? What
things should I consider when writing a communications protocol between
WinCE and the RCX.
Please help and many thanks in advance.
Regards,
MH Lee