Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ultra thin screwdriver
Hi folks, I am looking for a flat screwdriver with an exceptionally thin blade, for use on clock mechanisms. The blade needs to be at least 3/16" long, but no more than 25/1000" thick. Does anyone...
27
27

Large scale Stainless Steel Boilers
I am looking for a drawing of a 7 1/4 in gauge boiler in stainless steel from Europe which would be about the same size as a large pacific in UK. Can anyone recommend a supplier of drawings in Germany...
2
2

Fun with Titanium
Had an interesting object lesson in just how nasty Titanium is to machine...I was machining up a cover for a pendulum bob - simple bit of Ti tube with an end cap and a 6mm hole through the cap to take...
2
2

Neil Hemingway
I was saddened to read in the current issue of ME that Neil Hemingway had died. I remember visiting him 2-3 times at his home in Rochdale in the 80's or 90's to pick up several of his kits; he was a...

Coloring embosed symbols
G'day, What would be a good way to color stamped lettering on black painted dioptric scale of an old Fernglas08 bino? Brush and whipe-method seems difficult as depth is minimal, besides smearing the...
1
1

FYI- Vibratory parts deburring item on Ebay
Couldn't decided where on eBay this should go, so to help it on it's way I thought to offer on this group as it may be of interest. Vibrating parts deburer - 120317039619
2
2

Peter Rawlingson
Anybody have a link to Peter's website where he sells the model engineering books? I've been trying to email him but TISCALI seem to have blacklisted BT at the moment! I've had his DivisionMaster in...
6
6

Selling: Clarkson 1/12th scale Sanderson Beam Engine
From my recently late father's collection I have his mostly machined Clarkson 1/12th scale Sanderson Beam Engine. Same as this one: sure if they are still in business, but looking at the prices of...

MEW- Setting up a Workshop Special
Anyone else had trouble getting their copy? I ordered one online at the new website in early September but haven't got it yet. Magicalia & myhobbystore are pretty hopeless at sorting this on the...
14
14

Workshop Construction
Some time ago I recall a thread descibing a workshop construction but despite keeping 95% of posts I can't find a sensible text to search on which brings up the details. Am I having a 'senior moment'...
7
7

Dr Death's exhibition near the White Hart
I'm going on the Saturday. Will be in the downstairs caff at about 12:30 if it's raining or outside looking at the traction engines if it's gloriously sunny. I'll wander up the White Hart at Ufton a...
26
26

Shipping economically to Hamburg?
I've got a spare lathe steady which is wanted by someone on the other side of the pond, it would be outrageously expensive to ship direct but he reckons he could add it to a load from Hamburg, Germany...
6
6

Pros and Cons of coarse vs fine threads ?
Hi, I'm just about to start to build a Hemmingway rear toolpost and I will use a 12mm dimension for the clamp post instead of the 1/2 inch in the drawings ('cos I am Mr Metric). My question is a...

Pros and Cons of coarse vs fine threads ?
Hi, I'm just about to start to build a Hemmingway rear toolpost and I will use a 12mm dimension for the clamp post instead of the 1/2 inch in the drawings ('cos I am Mr Metric). My question is a...

Pros and Cons of coarse vs fine threads ?
Hi, I'm just about to start to build a Hemmingway rear toolpost and I will use a 12mm dimension for the clamp post instead of the 1/2 inch in the drawings ('cos I am Mr Metric). My question is a...
12
12