Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Merry Christmas
Hopefully the open magazines, the subtle hints, and not so subtle hints pay off today. Even if it doesn't, enjoy the day with family. Merry Christmas Wes
10
10

Newnes Engineers Pocket Book by F. J. Camm
Along witha variety of old bits and pieces I bought with my lathe was "the subject line". No publication date is evident, the only item that dates it is an advertisment for ""Practical Engineering" at...
1
1

Home Made Counterbore
Hi, hoping somebody can point me in the right direction? I remember seeing an article ( MEW?) a while back regarding homemade counterbores which looked very similar to a wood drill. If I remember...
5
5

On the lookout for...............
I'm on the lookout for a small VMC, something preferably like a Hurco 30, or similar carousel tool changer. If anyone works where they know one is going soon, or happens to know someone....... let me...
1
1

Chinese scales - Error info
Surfing the web and found info as to permissable error on Chinese scales. Maybe of interest to some. Measuring range Permissable error (+/-) 100mm .02mm 200mm .03mm 300mm .04mm 400mm .05mm 500mm .05mm...

Hi/Lo bay lights
Anyone explain to me how to decide which part has failed in these lights. I have a lot of 400 watt lights up in the workshops.Ones bought new are metal hallide,odd used ones are son-t. When one fails...
3
3

OT - Printer Repair
One of the happier aspects of owning a workshop with machinery and lots of bits and pieces, etc etc is that you can do repairs that the average guy in the street can't get to first base on. Hewlett...
3
3

Cutting fluids
I see Castrol make a dozen or more different metal cutting fluids. Is there a general purpose one that will cope reasonably well with most metals ? Jim Hawkins
9
9

OT: Timing pulleys
Gentlemen, If you saw a reference Tx relating to timing belts or pulleys would you know what it refers to as I cant find any detail anywhere. Martin P
6
6

How would you make these?
I've got back to this in the last couple of days & have worked out a technique which should give consistent results (I'll try to post some details when the job is done), but I'm having trouble getting...
35
35

Can you identify this font?
I'm trying to get a pattern to etch some L&NWR number plates, but can't find the font I need for the numerals. Has anyone got a TT font that I can use, point me to one I can download, or supply the...
12
12

TOS FNK25 High Speed Question
Morning All, Ive been idly wondering about the top speed on my FNK25. A quick refresher for those who dont know/dont remember: Its a 2 speed 1440/2880 motor, rated at 1.8/2.2Kw, wound star for one...

OT:- Wanted - Pel-Job digger manual
I'm after an instruction & maintenance manual for a Pel-Job EB22 mini-digger, any pointers gratefully received. Thanks Tim
2
2

Fiche viewer
Large format JMTEC 2000 but with only x14 lens - missing the x28. It works and is free for collection near Exeter. Else the tip in the morning.. regards

How to set the gearbox to drive the leadscrew ?
Sounds silly, but I've only just got this Super 7 with Q/C gearbox, and the gearbox manual is decidedly sketchy and not much help to someone unfamiliar with the gearbox. As received, my lathe was...
21
21