Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Challenger lathe
I have just acquired one of these and some b*st*rd has robbed out the upper headstock bearings, back gear etc. If anyone out there has access to articles, plans, I'd love to hear from you. Equally, if...

Another transport "help" request
I've agreed to buy a smallish heavyish item (an inverter) from Charles Ping, the difficulty is that he's in Suffolk and I'm in Winchester. Charles can apparently get it to Central London but I won't...
3
3

Serious CNC lathe...
Interesting video here: about the commentary/music, but the polygonal turning is pretty cool. Regards, Tony
14
14

Old EIM mags giveaway
I have a number of Old Engineering in miniature mags that have got to go! They are free to anyone who wants to collect from Hertford I have 98 months 7 8 9,10, 11,12 99 All 2000 1-7,9,12 2001 1 3 4 9...

Stirling fan drawings
I purchased from ebay a set of plans for the Lake Breeze Model A stirling fan about a year ago. I have gotten my shop in order with new lathe and mill, but it seems the drawings have gone missing....

Letter Punch Even Spacing - How?
I am trying to stamp some miniature labels with 1mm (one mm) Letter Punches but I can not get the spacing correct. Putting tape round the set (word) gives ridiculous spacing between letters. Free hand...
11
11

Threading Stainless & Drill Collar Suppliers?
Guys, I'm sure I saw somewhere some small collars for fitting around dril shanks to give a positive stop when drilling blind holes. I canno however find them in any of the usual suppliers websites...
14
14

ML7 Digital Readout / Rotary Tables??
Guys, I've just completed my first 'real' project on my ML7 (a project fo work), and I am very happy with the results. Obviously I have learned great deal about turning, milling and boring as well as...
15
15

Begginer's tools and books?
Hi, My son is 14 and has been building models with just paper and hot glue for a little while. He hasn't gotten the scale down yet and I would like to give him some books or an intro to model making...
5
5

Car Alarms
Hi, Bit OT, but it involves Engines, 3 Phase and electronics so I'm sure someone here could help. ;-) I've bought a new car alarm with remote start and it needs to be wired to the alternator (+12V...
6
6

Hot air engine meeting video
A friend of mine, Rob Skinner told me of a video he had made of the Southwest Regional Hot Air meeting in Tulare California earlier this year. I have a copy & in my opinion it is a "must have" for...

QC Gearbox
Hi, Sofar found the Hemingway kit and the American PVC-tube design. Are there any other Quick Change Gearbox plans, projects or blueprints out there? Dirk
3
3

Ambitious project seen in Buy & Sell
This caught my eye in the Buy&Sell - "UNFINISHED PROJECT 'Build the Titanic', large project... ring for details" Large project - I should say..! Steve
8
8

Spring winding on a Seag C6
The one occasion when wearing gloves when operating a lathe is reccomended. I'm in the process of making valve springs for my attempt at the Nemett15S (I've modded my C6 has been modded for slow ops...
9
9

Rotary Phase Convertors, UK vs USA type
Hello, I've recently bought a 5Hp Graziano SAG 180 lathe about 54 years old (1953 date on the motor) which being ex-government was lightly used and maintained. Being in Australia I have 240V mains and...
1
1