32 TPI What Standard

I've noted in a collection some taps /dies with a constant 32 TPI ove

the smaller sizes 1/4 through 5/8, some have WF on them, make is mostl Totem. These appear to have come from the UK, anybody know for what the were used ?. I can't find any info in the Machinery Handbook. Thanks

-- Alan in O

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alan in Oz's Profile:

this thread:

Alan in Oz

Thanks.

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Alan in Oz writes

The WF could be Whitworth Form (55 degree). If so then in those sizes they are probably part of the ME (Model Engineer) range which dates from

1912. They range from 1/8" upwards in 40, 32 and 26 t.p.i depending upon diameter.
Reply to
Mike H

These are the 32TPI version of Model Engineer's threads. There is also a

40TPI version. They are 55 deg form. Not Cycle thead.
Reply to
Salamanda

3/8" x 32 t.p.i. is still the standard thread for bushes for 1/4" shaft potentiometers for volume controls etc.
Reply to
Tim Christian

Thanks for the replys, learn something new everyday

-- Alan in O

this thread:

Alan in Oz