3D CAD Files

Hi,
If I wanted something CNC milled by a company what is the generally accepted
file type?
Normally they ask for DXF but everytime I've opened a DXF file it's always
been of a drawing/2D design....
Can you get/make 3D shapes in DXF or is there an alternative if wanted say
something like a sphere milled?
Cheers,
Michael
Reply to
Michael
The industry standard is IGES, but ask what format the people you are going to use can accept -most can accept a multitude. Iif they can take the native file format from the package you created it in then it saves any trouble.
Regards Kevin
Reply to
Kevin
Thanks,
Does that therefore mean that DXF is a 2D only file then?
Cheers,
Michael
Reply to
Michael