Acme Inserts

Any suggestions as to where I can get acme threading inserts? I need

10pti, single lead but J & L don't seem to stock them. Beyond J&L I'm sticking a virtual pin on map by randomly selecting from Google. Naturally I don't need an industrial quantity!

Thank

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

A chap with a J&S310 T&C grinder could make his own perhaps?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

When I've repaired the motor - which is about 5th on the list at the moment. Surely there's a bucket load of them lurking in the corner of your loft? Everything else seems to be in there. I thoroughly expect you to find Lord Lucan up there and bung him on Ebay next!

Charles Ping

Not Lord Lucan, but we did have John Stonehouse and Shiela Buckley living two doors up when they went on the run ! On a more serious note I have a pile of motors in the workshop loft that will be chucked on moving - you are welcome to give them a grope if you are prepared for the gymnastics to get at them and fight the spiders!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks but I think that I have the motor sorted - it's just the upside down bit to remove the old one that's the pain.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Sandvik list them

though my reading of their online catalogue is that one insert is supposed to cover a range of pitches. They also offer an online ordering system, but whether they'll let you sign up just to buy one or two inserts, you'll probably only find out by trying.

Iscar list them

If you're really stuck I can ask my local supplier, they've got single inserts in for me in the past. Not sure whether they are still Iscar agents, they've changed hands recently.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

How about June? in Sheffield. She does all the shows, has a tremendous selection and knows her stuff. She supplied me with my last lot of threading inserts.

If you want the details, holler and I'll try and find them.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Answering my own reply (never a good idea)

J B Cutting Tools,The Cottages, Hundall Lane Hundall,Sheffield S18 4BP

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Both internal and external?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

External is the main one. Internal would be good aswell since this is for a 10tpi x 3/4" feed screw and nut.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Brother, a cutting tool rep, can supply 16ER10ACME CP500 grade for 13 quid each, minimum quantity of 2. Cost of postage 70p or I can deliver personably after next week. External only.

Need to know soonest as these will come ovenight from Singapore.

Cheers Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom

Thanks for digging out the info. However I've sourced them via Richmond Cutting Tools in Wiltshire. Very friendly people.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping