ALDI Special

ALDI are doing a Dremel type tool with flexible drive for £14.99 -

Extremely versatile, ?exible combi tool for the DIY enthusiast. Variable speed of 15,000-35,000rpm and 160 watts of power. Complete with work stand for more ?exibility. Can be used for drilling, grinding, grooving, curving, milling, polishing and sharpening. Product comes complete with a ?exible drive shaft, giving the user even more ?exibility for those dif?cult-to-reach jobs, 45-piece accessory pack and adaptor included.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

A saw one of these in the local car accessory shop recently ( only it was £20 ). I was quite amazed. I paid quids-a-plenty for my Dremel some 20 odd years ago, and it came with nothing but a few little tools...but this bit of kit in the shop looked pretty spectacular.

OK, so my Dremel was £80 or so - and it's lasted me 20 years ( and I've worked it hard )....but then I could by four of these cheap ones for the same price ( or five at ALDI prices ) and they'd only have to last a few years a piece. I don't know how they do it...the flexible shaft alone has to be worth £15 at least.

I'm usually quite wary of cheap tools, but I have to admit that I've been dropping some very unsubtle hints around the house in the run-up to Crimbo....

Better yet - I picked up a Gracia drill stand at the tip for a couple of quid. It's got a standard vice and a tilting table on it, and a clamp that's just the right size for a Dremel-type drill...

Regards,

PS...you having probs with your 'fl'/'fi' combinations?

Reply to
Stephen Howard

I did a cut and paste from the Aldi bulletin so something must have dropped off in the process!

Reply to
Steve

Probably generated with a different keyboard layout?

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Typist with hiccups?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Langwells have these for 10.99, I've bought a couple to use at work and they seem OK.

go to "re-engineered products". They sell off the returns from a big DIY chain, but everything has a three month warrenty. They also do mail order, useful for those who don't live near an Aldi.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele