Aluminium supply

need Aluminium supply of 40mm ish * 10mm ish and 15 * 15 mm bar by post pay by credit card or pay pal any suggestions lengths of a about 500mm long

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Does it have to be by post?

Look in yellow pages for a local stockholder, most will deliver and quite often take credit cards. I use AAlco solent who will also cut blanks to my requirements which can save a lot of home workshop time. I think AAlco have quite a few branches around the country. Mind you I have had to reject some 0.5mm Ally sheet twice recently cos they could not pack it properly so it stayed flat, undented and unscratched in transit. For small quantities you could try the metal supermarket franchise chain but they are seriously expensive and not sure if they deliver.

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I think that may vary between branches. Our local one (Coventry) was considerably cheaper than a local steel stockholders, and had the material two days quicker (which was actually more important than the price). Just goes to prove it's always worth getting a couple of quotes.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

I've recommended

on this group previously, and no-one's screamed loud protests.

Usual disclaimers

Reply to
Autolycus

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Look on e bay under lathe, somebody is continuously putting short lengths of allsorts materials on.

Reply to
Markgengine

In message , Markgengine writes

Search on seller dimebar1

Guy

Reply to
Guy Morgan

If i remember rightly your in south london, well there is george king in tooting. Never bought anything there myself, I went in and looked around and wondered about opening a shop next door flogging scrap, I would have retired by now...

outlook metal's located behind Woodcote golfcourse, this is near purley. It's a stockholder who is quite happy to chop you 1" pieces of anything they have..

-- richard

Reply to
richard