Anti Slip tool mats sticking to tooling / VPI pots

Has anyone else had problems with the anti slip mats sold to line tool boxes etc sticking to the tools. I went to take everything out today to move the chest and the matting had stuck to some files.

I have now just lined the draws with anti rust paper. What do other people use.

What is in the VPI tins that you get from Chronos etc. is there a bulk chemical that can be bought.

Regards

Steve Larner

Reply to
Steve Larner

hi steve, "snap" i had the same problem, what i use now is cork matting, it works for me, and is easy to cut with a sharp knife, i must admit i have not tried anti rust paper, regards........keith in swindon

Reply to
keith.heselton

The cork sounds agood idear. What do you use tiles as for floors or can you get it on a roll and cut to suit.

Regards

Steve Larner

Reply to
Steve Larner

steve try b&q, for the matting, i brought mine a few years ago, it was approx 2.0mtrs x 500mm if not why not use the cork tiles, or even buy a cheap notice board from the supermarkets and remove the frame, then just cut to size !!! hope that helps, kind regards....keith

Reply to
keith.heselton