Axminster Power Tools

I'm looking to buy a woodturning lathe from Axminster.co.uk (Not for me - I haven't turned to the dark side!) - Any views on their customer service much appreciated.

TIA Steve

Reply to
Steve

service much

Not bought recently but did spend quite a bit with them a couple of years ago. Belt / disk sander had problems with motor and motor start relay and they were very helpful - did an 'advance exchange' so I could send the old one back in the new one's box.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

They've always been ok when I've dealt with them (most recent occasion was ordered on Monday and delivered yesterday). On one occasion I ordered some oil cups and they sent the wrong type. After an email they sent the right type and told me to keep the others.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks guys for the feedback - much appreciated

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Stop before it's too late! Once you get on their mailing list, therein lies financial ruin and trouble with the domestic authorites. You will end up buying things you didn't even know existed, never mind needed.

Joking aside, I've bought loads of stuff from them and found them helpfull and efficient eg when ordering spares for models they didn't do any more and so forth. They stock a lot of stuff that's hard to find in normal shops, but are a bit easier than proper industrial suppliers for gentleman amateurs like me.

Hywel

Reply to
hyweldavies

Thanks. Lathe was shipped when they said it would be and arrived when they said it would be! I've spoken with both technical support and customer services and they came across as helpful and "on the ball".

Steve

Reply to
Steve