Best Rated threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Powermax VFD?
Gents Could one of you experts help me out with this one? I have come across what I assume is a small VFD along with some other bits & pieces in a job lot. I can't find any reference to it on the web...
8
8

Colour coded Myford ML7 screw cutting charts
Colour coded Myford ML7 screw cutting charts: Steve ---------------------------------------------------------- Steve Randall G8KHW UKRA #1072 Level 2
9
9

Cleaning up a Hobbymat MD65 lathe
Hi guys, I picked up a Hobbymat MD65 mini-lathe the other week, old and paint- chipped but otherwise in reasonably good nick. Zero play on the headstock spindle, and it works pretty nicely but for a...
19
19

Hardening Gauge plate
Any tips? Wikipedia says "Gauge plate is a special kind of carbon steel, manufactured to exact dimensions, and delivered in annealed state. It can be hardened by heating to a specific temperature, the...
11
11

Flamefast cm 250
Does any one know what size of jet a flamefast cubicle furnace would have to run on propane the one I,ve brought has a natural gas set-up it will run on propane but if I could make a replacement jet...
12
12

Meddings drill repair
Hi All I've just bought a secondhand Meddings Drilltru pillar drill which looked OK and and has no detectable slop at the chuck. When I got it home on the floor I tried it on all the speeds and...
6
6

Adcock & Shipley (2023 Update)
Hello Gentleman Do any of happen to have a manual for Adcock & Shipley 2AG, or failing this an idea of its weight? I was meant to be having one delivered today but the seller (I have just purchased it...
12
12

Pultra 1750/1770 Manual
I am trying to find out what lubricants Pultra recommended for use with their small lathes for the headstock bearings and for the thrust bearings in the PR2 cross slide. The later is a most...
2
2

Lushington boring head
I live West of London and would love to contact anyone who would be interested in a bargain complete wooden boxed Lushington M3 precision boring head.
1
1

mini lathe circuit board
The KBIC/KBLC motor controller circuit board which drives my Chester Conquest mini lathe has died, yet again. I am fed up with repairing it (and I am usually a patient and repair-y type guy, I nursed...
6
6

Digital calipers 9.99 at Maplin
Maplin have 6" digital caplipers on sale for ?9.99 till 20th March. Stock code N48AA. I assume they're the same as all the other Chinese-made 6" digital calipers. The one I got doesn't look quite like...
5
5

Bristol Erickson Acramill collets
I'm on the lookout for a collet or two for this nasty design of a holder, and that easily lost screw lock bit, one that takes a 12mm slot drill and a 1/2" one initially. Did Clarkson ever make a QC 30...
11
11

More on oil-cooled welders and 4 mm rods
It won't be 50V and 180A at the same time, the 50V is open-circuit, the 180A is pretty much short-circuit. It might be as much as 6KW. Sounds like a good idea. Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern...
20
20

Need 4jaw indep. Chuck for Hobbymat MD65...
Hi, I'm looking for a 4 jaw independent chuck for a Hobbymat MD65. I've seen a Roebuck 85mm chuck at about GBp 120, and the Axminster one looks similar. Has anyone any experience of fitting one of...

Just got my first milling machine - a Centec 2A
Just collected a Centec 2A with the good vertical head and I am strongly inclined to plug it in, but it has been in store for ages (I am still trying to remove some of the gloop using petrol - must...
24
24

Qualters and Smith
A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be able to rescue a Qualters and Smith machine hacksaw from the skip. It is in very restorable condition. The plate on it tells me that 'Qualters and...
10
10

removing Clarkson chuck from mill (2023 Update)
OK, we have the Tom Senior mill at school with the vertical S type head and a Clarkson chuck fitted. How the heck do we remove the Clarkson chuck? Tried today by loosening the drawbar bolt and tapping...
7
7

Help on screw size
Trying to identify a machine screw. Certainly not metric ... can anybody help identify the thread ... OD is 0.156" so assume its a 5/32" Pitch is 36 That is a fine pitch Only thing I can find that...
1
1

Wicksteed Saw question.
Some friends have bought an old Wicksteed Saw. The unit has an Hydraulic lift unit painted red with oil retained in the Annulus of the cylinder. There is a rotating lever on the top to control down...

Boxford VMC 190
I'm hoping to restore a Boxford 190 VMC to working order. It's complete but lacks an external controller (PC or BBC) and software. From a manual I found on the web, it seems that it acceptc g-code....
1
1