Black 5 demo

Some time ago I downloaded the Black 5 demo - the one that allows you to drive a virtual Black 5 steam loco. Immediately after installing it on Win2K+SP3 it worked fine, but after closing it down I now get get a blank screen with a window containing "Run time Error 10" every time I try to start it. I tried re-installing and again it worked from the install, but gives the same error afterwards. I have tried sending emails to the names given on the website but get no response at all. Has anyone got any ideas please?

-

Regards, Gary Wooding

Reply to
Wooding

Might be worth a bash with SP4, it also contains the additional patch for the Blaster worm if you haven't already got it installed.

The error sounds like one of the DLL libraries isn't working, sounds slightly symptomatic of a virus or even a worm.... :-((

Try also a clean boot (go to Symantec's web site, there iare instruction on there on how to do it)

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Thanks for your suggestions, I installed SP4 and got the same error. I tried installing the demo on a friend's Win98SE system and got exactly the same result - it works fine when started by the install program, but subsequently gives Error 10. It must be an error in the demo but the creators are totally silent.

Reply to
Wooding

Perhaps you should have a look at this ........

which says in part .......

"Black 5 Project Update:

This project is suspended for the forseeable future. To all the visitors to this site, and to the many people who have e-mailed me enquiring about the status of the Black 5 game, due to other pressures i have been unable to give the project the commitment it deserves, and if i have not replied to you please accept my sincere apologies.

Please also note, that the download (from this site at any rate) is disabled, due to pressure from my ISP over bandwidth and the financial costs of running the site.

Many thanks to the rail sim community for your support during the development of this project.

Should you need to get in touch with me, you can contact me through :-

thanks again,

Mark Judd"

Reply to
Mike Whittome

I did, I emailed Judd and got no response at all. Pity really, clearly a lot of work had ben put into the project and the simulation looked pretty good for the few minutes I tried, but I can't reinstall it every time I want to run it.

--

Regards, Gary Wooding

Reply to
Wooding