Collets: Plan B?

--This morning I got a phonecall from an outfit that sells a 5-C collet closer that will fit a Myford Super 7 lathe. I'm curious if anyone here has adapted their Myford to 5-C and if there are any caveats.. Thanks,

Reply to
steamer

It will have to be a 5C backplate fitting chuck to fit on a Super7 given the spindle nose restraints. Something like this:-

Fourth down. Due to the length of a 5C it will stick out at least that far from the backplate.

Can't comment on one fitted to a S7 but I have a similar chuck, not this one, fitted to a

14x 40 lathe and it's very nice to use.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson