Digital micrometer

Was thinking about splashing out on a digital micrometer, can't always be bothered to read two scales and calculate a real reading on a manual.

This was intended mostly for measuring on the manual lathe to about a hundredth (is there a better term?) of a mm, or 0.01mm; but then I saw these:

0.001mm.

Anyone have one? opinions?

-

Spent much of today cutting an accurate large fine thread, single point on a lathe, on a part I'd been working on for a while, heyy it all measures in spec - but somehow I cut it left-handed ..

red red wine (afterwards) - makes me forget ..

-- Peter F

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Sorry if my post has already appeared but I got an error message from my news server that because of a problem it would be bounced back to me - it hasn't.

Although the display reads to 0.001mm that isn't the accuracy. Further down the page is says Accuracy: .002mm so I assume +-0.002 mm like the one here:

so if true is still within the accuracy that you wanted.

from this Hong Kong based ebay seller but you'll have to wait 2 - 4 weeks for it to arrive and if it isn't what you want you will need to start all over again. It is unbranded and cheap which probably means it is a grade B product rather than grade A required by the factory's large commercial customers.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes