Dividing Head Spindle

I've got a Richmond dividing head with a 1 13/16" x 12 tpi spindle that is bored 4 MT. Given that none of my chucks or collets have either of those dimensions I was considering making/adapting a flange to accept the D1-3 camlock chucks/collets/faceplates that I have for my lathe. Has anyone else done this? Making a camlock nose would be a PITA so it would be easier to start with some parts from a scrap Bantam/Chipmaster/other headstock. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles. What about that old CVA you bought.:-) Best place I know for a used Colchester spindle is Nobilla Machine Tools.They usually have a lot of bits advertised on their website. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark The old CVA is just fine as it is thanks! I'll try Nobilla in the new year

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping