Dividing Head Spindle

I've got a Richmond dividing head with a 1 13/16" x 12 tpi spindle
that is bored 4 MT. Given that none of my chucks or collets have
either of those dimensions I was considering making/adapting a flange
to accept the D1-3 camlock chucks/collets/faceplates that I have for
my lathe.
Has anyone else done this? Making a camlock nose would be a PITA so it
would be easier to start with some parts from a scrap
Bantam/Chipmaster/other headstock. Anyone know of a source?
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Charles. What about that old CVA you bought.:-) Best place I know for a used Colchester spindle is Nobilla Machine Tools.They usually have a lot of bits advertised on their website. Mark.
Reply to
mark
Thanks Mark The old CVA is just fine as it is thanks! I'll try Nobilla in the new year
Regards
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping