Electronic Hobbing Article

There was an article or maybe two (and a later correction) starting in MEW issue 108 on the construction of an electronic hobber - the basis
of the one that John Stevenson runs.
Can anyone email me a scan?
Thanks
Charles
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:01:15 -0700 (PDT), Charles Ping

If anyone has these articles, I would be very pleased to receive a scan too. I have been mulling over such a concept and was not aware that the articles existed.
--
Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!
Charles Ping wrote:

I have all the info here with a view to putting a kit together, but there did not seem to be enough demand. If there is then I'll brush off the dust and have a go. John's original prototype is on the shelf here ;)
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Could be interesting but different mills will require slightly different hardware/encoders.
What is "enough" demand?
Charles
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:04:45 -0700 (PDT), Charles Ping

No so. The same encoder can be fitted to any mill it's just the gearing that has to run the encoder at 4,000pps so if you have a 2,000 count encoder you need a 2:1 step up
Charles, check your Yahoo email. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Doing well here, found out where a mill drill went and now a gear hobber.
Soon be able to see a floor at this rate.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson wrote:

Unless you find you find that is missing as well.
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:48:24 +0100, Cliff Ray

Well, whenever I have been to his workshop I have never seen one...
Regards, Tony

theres quite a lot of it on pallets outside, IIRC there was a slight over order issue :)
Dave