Engineering shops around Nottinghamshire

Hi,

I used to be a mech and prod engineer ages ago. I have recently bought my own lathe (I have mentioned it here before). Now, I am looking for any engineering shops that are suitable for model engineering.

I am from Kirkby-in-Ashfield (Nottinghamshire) so am looking for suitable engineering supplies in this area. There is Engineering and Welding Supplies on Lowmoor Road in Kirkby but I don't think they are suitable (I am told they are expensive as well as mainly for the engineering industry in the area.)

I just want to go to a shop to have a look around, look at the prices and get ideas. Possibly also to finish off projects I started whilst I was a mech and prod engineer. (An air bearing (Tool and cutter grinding), a small miller, a robotic arm.)

Best regards, Dave Colliver.

Customise your internet experience

Dave

Try

Gratton Model Engineering

(01332) 349799

39, Whitaker St Derby DE23 8FD

They stock model engineering supplies, secondhand machine tools, repair, make parts for and build models.

Reply to
David Burrage

Anchor Surplus in Trent Bridge are always worth a look for odds and ends.

Reply to
Tim Christian

Des Grattan in Derby Anchor Surplus near the Notts County football ground Kirjeng near Loughborough

Best bet though is to take a day off work and go to one of the big shows. Best one is Harrogate 7-9 May. Later in year (October?) there is the Midlands Show at Donington Park racetrack.

Reply to
Bill

Anchor surplus also has a place in Ripley.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Where abouts in Ripley?

Are they a model engineering shop or just a place for off-cuts?

Thanks. Dave. ~~ Customise your >

Reply to
Dave

Anchor SuppliesLtd, Army Surplus Depot, Peasehill Rd, Ripley

They are army surplus and do have some tooling but no materials, unless you can make things out of old saucepans and stinger missiles.

If you want steel cut offs for turning, milling etc you are welcome to come and raid our scrap bin. Situated at Long Eaton, just off the M1 J25

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Hey John,

Don't let that cynical trader image fade too much - people will start thinking you are a regular nice guy!!

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Where in my reply did it say FREE

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Cheers John,

So they do machines. I think I will take a look. I may even take you up on the offer.

Regards, Dave. ~~ Customise your internet experience

Dave