FS: compressor for £1 !

I'm giving up on trying to find the time to rebuild a Vintage compressor. Potentially it's a nice unit, but it needs lots of TLC. It would look very nice when finished... but I need the space, and don't have the time :-(. I put it on E-Bay for £1.00 so people can see pictures of it . I relay don't want to scrap it. Any one here able to give it a good home ?

E-Bay # 6106365304

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

WILL you STOP this! I've got enough rebuild jobs on my plate already!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

You may have problems... with me It's like this At the head of a VERY long list I've got :

Either bolt the mill to the Workshop floor or set it on rubber strips, Check it's head adjustment , and mount and clock up a reconditioned vice.... Get my kit car ( Davrian Mk8)back on the road ..., Finish a Stuart 10V, and it's boiler.... , Finnish off a built in cupboard in the house,.. Grind a mirror for a 5 1/4" reflecting telescope and fit....

I now have a card file system to keep track of all the other projects / jobs I want to do....Two boxes needed :-(

How does your list look ?

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Well, mine goes something like this;

First I need to get the workshop set up (just moved house), but before I do that I need to get the insulation and wall boards up as I won't get another chance once everything is set up. Put the first bench in yesterday and lifted a No.5 flypress onto it -F*# they're heavy, especially when lifting it on your own (which reminds me I must cut 12" off the top of that lifting gantry and weld the top back on so it will fit in the workshop -then I can use the block & tackle to put the mill back together).

Then I've got a part-built beam engine to finish (OK, so I've only made one part -but it is started!)

A boiler so I can run the beam engine and my Stuart S50 on steam

A hit & miss engine (plans from Philip Duclos book, but now I want to build everything else in it too)

I keep threatening a 2" traction engine, and now I've mentioned it people keep asking if I've started it yet

A 1/4 scale offenhauser 4 cylinder twin cam racing engine, bought the plans some time ago and keep acquiring material to build it and the equipment I need to make it

A gauge1 garden railway, starting with "the project"

And then ......

Regards

Kevin

PS I'm sure I've missed about 200 "odd jobs" off the list that will no doubt have to be done as things progress, like upgrading the PC on my CNC lathe so I can run it on Mach2 instead of TurboCNC, and fitting the vertical milling head I bought for it, and....

Reply to
Kevin Steele

1) Scan two filing cabinet drawers full of blueprints for the Diesel at work before they disappear (12cyl 4500hp 500rpm) for the subject of a 1":1' model 2) finish the base for the workshop. only another 10m^3 of concrete to go including foundations for the tools. Projected end date mid August. 3) assemble the workshop on its base. Once I have ordered and received the Structural Insulated Panels and the Gluelam beam, then assembly should be a weekend job.... Barbecue, beer and quite a few people. Projected end date mid September. 4) Run 3 phase supply to house and fit new distribution box to split supplies to house, workshop and garage. 5) Wire workshop including fitting of lights, A/C and networking. 6) Paint workshop... this should have been the eldest daughter's Summer holiday job (she wants the money). 7) Build storage cupboards and shelves into workshop. 8) Move machines into workshop... Myford ML7, Hardinge DV59, Jones&Shipman 1400 Surface grinder, Beaver turret mill, Surface table, Drill presses et cetera and so forth.

9) Spend most of next year re-building the Hardinge lathe, the J&s grinder and the Beaver mill since they are all in various states of disrepair varying from needing a service and a new motor (J&S) to Complete rebuild and re-manufacture of missing parts (Beaver mill)

10) Finish the Stuart beam engine for the son.

11) Things....

for pictures. Only words for the first three days out of eight weeks so far because of a shortage of round tuits.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Mark,

Blooooody 'el !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes one is just unable to express one's utter admiration for another's enthusiasm. This is just such an occasion.

What a brave man.

Serious Congratulations.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Brave... but somewhat foolhardy :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I enjoyed the captions as much as the pictures :-))

Some explanation of the reason for a particular sequence would be nice when those round tuits come along.....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

...like WTF were you trying to bury that nice little digger anyway??

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

That cross my mind too... What's the bloody big hole for? Inspection pit? Underground furnace?

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Hi Mark - you missed one out..

Donnington, buy more stuff .

See you there!

Reply to
Steve Blackmore

I'll get on to it (had meant to do some at lunch time today, but fell asleep!)

As for the digger, thereby hangs a tale.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Storage for foundry furnace, patterns and other rarely used stuff, plus a home for the compressor, bandsaw dust extractor, computer servers etc. It should have been 4'8" deep, but with the problems we had with working in a trench several feet below the water table, it will now have 3'6" of usable height. 4' wide by 14' long it'll still be a usable size.

regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Hey, you've got an external Sun SCSI disk pack! *envy*

I'd never put my lovely servers in the same room as conductive-dust-producing machine tools, though! I don't even put 'em on the same wiring circuit, due to a paranoid suspicion that big motors are more likely to short out and blow the circuit breaker than my little babies, and they don't like it when they lose power.

I re-organised my 'workshop' today; my work area is the back yard, but I now have two old white bookcases in the small room that faces out onto the yard (it's a lobby, really; two doors, a meter cupboard, and the stairs up into the flat), to hold my tools. I screwed hooks in so my files can actually hang, rather than sitting scraping against each other (and various other tools) in a cupboard upstairs. With everything laid out on shelves rather than piled up on one shelf, I can also actually

*find* things ;-)

ABS

Reply to
Alaric B Snell