Heads Up! Cheapo Vernier Gauges at Netto

Evening all,
I've just learned from another group that Netto will be flogging off
digital vernier gauges at £9.99 from tomorrow (Monday).
I have *no* clue how good (or bad!) they'll be, but the price is
attractive.
This sort of stuff doesn't hang around long by the way...
Reply to
Nigel Eaton
Last time my local Lidl store did a similar offer, I poodled round at 10 AM only to find that they'd all been sold within 1/2 hour of opening time.
Best regards
Tom.
Nunce excretia in extractum est.
Reply to
Tom Jacobs
Has anybody tried to remove the display part of a " cheap" digital caliper and have it working remotely? I am toying with the idea to make a digital readout for the crossfeed on a lathe, but being a cheapskate I don't want to end up with a load of useless caliper parts, any helpful ideas out there? Mark.
Reply to
Markgengine
Went to local Netto didn't see the verniers but ended up buying an 18v cordless drill, a router and a circular saw for less than £65. Whilst not top quality I've been using the drill and consider it good vfm and if the other bits perform as well I'll be pleased
Reply to
k heyes
Hi,
Yes is possible. You need vernier with rs232 output and a reader from one of the "usual" suppliers at the exhibitions.ie Harrogate.
Regards Maurice
Reply to
Maurice Hood