Hobbymat lathe

I have recently aquired a Hobbymat universal lathe . Can anyone tell me where I can get parts for it . Amongst other things I need a vice. Also does anyone know what levels of accuracy I can expect from my lathe ? The smallest divisions on the adjustment wheels are 1/40 of a millimeter . This does not seem very accurate to me .

---- Stuart ---

Reply to
Stuart

In article , Stuart writes

Don't know much about the Hobbymat, but 1/40 of a mm is a gnat's c*ck smaller than 1 thousandth of an inch[1], which is a very standard Imperial lathe handwheel marking.

If you can consistently hit a thou, you're doing OK.

[1] Assuming I've driven my calculator correctly...
Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Nigel, Nothing wrong with your calculator. Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman