hydraulic ram seals?

I have one ram now thats used for several things and it's long overdue a replacement.. So I scrounged some ram and a bit of cylinder, The cylinder is 50mm and the ram is probably 40mm. I got it about three years ago infact..

I asked at the place I got it about seals and they said 'make the pistons and bring them in and we will find some seals'. I was hoping for an old catalogue showing sizes of a common seal. Is there a website with seals and standard sizes, drawings of the required grooves is basically what I am after.. I might get some larger tube for a ram for a press..

I was wondering about making the press ram double action, retract as well as press. I couldn't see an easy way to incorporate a return spring.. any suggestion..

Reply to
richard

Look for a company called Ramparts in Hants and buy a new cylinder.Not expensive.Otherwise Wyko and BSL are agents for all the seal manufacturers.Wyko is the best bet as they actually own one of the bigger seal manufacturers. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

There's one here:

Not sure if those are quite the common seals you are after though ;-)

Regards, tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Tony,

Don't give up the day job will you !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

OK get your coat ..........

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

How do you get a ram up one of those then?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

We have a lot of the Payen seal ranges listed on our website.

Peter Peter

Prepair Ltd

Very carefully!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

A side note... Calcium isn't a heavy metal or particularly toxic. Did you mean cadmium? (last line of the WEE section of the website)

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Probably :-))

Done in a ruddy blush.... Peter

Prepair Ltd

I can't see anything on the prepair site?

Reply to
rik

Sorry, I forgot I was in 'company' mode :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Corrected now, thanks for letting me know! :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes