Interesting electric motors

Bob's post the other day got me thinking. I'm really interested in early electric motors. Well, anything up to the 1960s. Solid, well built motors. I fancy making an addition to my collection. I'd like to find a repulsion motor, but I've never seen one in the UK.

Anyone got an interesting old motor they want to part with? Anything considered, even motors which need a rewind.

Let me know if you have anything. Anytime.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Thanks for the responses sent by e-mail. Much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

I just had a look for motors on eBay.de and they seem to have a good number of early motors over there in Germany. More than show up on eBay.co.uk anyway.

This one particularly is worth a look:

Makes me think again about finding a way to move there for a few years!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

On or around Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:40:18 +0000, Christopher Tidy enlightened us thusly:

coo, nice.

Reply to
Austin Shackles