John Stevenson RIP

Sorry to hear of John's passing.
Although we had a quarrel in here about 10 years ago, I introduced myself to him on the ArcEuro stand at the Midlands show and cleared the air.
Subsequently had email dealings with him on the matter of gear hobbing after I had written the HobNail spreadsheet for Giles Parkes (also RIP)
I put him in touch with Giles' daughter to dispose of the workshop, John being in Notts being much closer to Llangollen than me down in Chippenham.
Two stalwarts sadly missed.
On 26/10/2017 21:40, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:

That's a surprise - he was a very helpful chap.
On 27/10/2017 12:05, snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

An unusual combination; brusque and very considerate.
Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:

Very sad to read this. John helped me out a number of times and I met him at his place a couple of times. RIP John. Bob
On 26/10/17 21:40, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:

Very sad. We have lost another good'un.
He hasn't posted much here for a while, but in the olddays he was a, if not the, leading light.
Commiserations to his children.
-- Peter Fairbrotherr