Key steel suppliers

Quick delurk: apart from RS, who are out of stock ATM, anyone know of a key steel supplier? I need 1/4" square. Thanks.

Reply to
Pip Luscher

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Round here I've found several bearing suppliers and purveyors of tractor spares who have a small rack of Stubbs key steel lurking behind the counter. Might also be true of your locality.

hth

Reply to
Roland Craven

£6 inc postage for 12" long

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

As it turned out, I found a piece lurking in the bottom of a box of old lathe bits, but I've ordered a piece anyway.

Thanks all.

Reply to
Pip Luscher

I have always wondered what is special about keys steel - is it its strength ?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Nash (aka TMN)

Err, shear resistance, I think. IIRC it's a medium carbon steel. I'm sure someone will put me right though.

Reply to
Pip Luscher