UK Auction Sites

Hello there, I occasionally sell engineering bits and bobs on E Bay but now that they've put there prices up and they demand that as a seller you have to offer Pay Pal as a payment method and the costs that involves I feel it's not worth my while selling through them. Is there another auction site I could use where engineering minded people use? Cheers

Reply to
Nourish

I just seen the latest changes this morning, and have been looking for alternatives. With the new changes, for auctions ending at £25, you'll pay £2.18 to ebay for final value fees (8.75%), and if the buyer pays with paypal, that'll cost you another £1.05 (provided you're in the 3.4% + 20p band). So basically out of your £25, ebay (who owns paypal) is getting £3.23, or just under 13% of your £25.

As for alternatives,

is the best of what I've found so far, but it's still not that big a site. But going by the increasing level of discontent with the ebay/paypal monopoly, I'm pretty sure smaller sites like this will be seeing an increase in hits. I'll certainly be looking at ebid more often.

moray

Reply to
moray

ebid is good, we moved our company to ebid from ebay (feebay more like) as we started to loose money.

Good luck

Reply to
alastair coombs