M3 clinch nuts in NW London?

I'm looking for a bag of M3 clinch nuts, like ...

Problem is in this situation I'm not keen to build a whole order up to a minimum order quantity for free delivery, or pay more than £5 for delivery and then add VAT on top. Just want to jump on a bus, and maybe pay the higher unit cost premium for something being available on a shelf. Yell.com is however useless.

Anyone know of a decent ironmongers / nuts & bolts merchant in NW London?

Reply to
Adrian C

In article , Adrian C writes

Adrian,

Try Clerkenwell Screws:

They are by tradition an Alladin's cave of fixings, but I haven't been there myself for a couple of decades, don't seem to have a website.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Try here.

They list various sizes except M3 but it would be worth an email to see if they can get them.

Reply to
Dave Baker

You might be lucky with Nu-Screw & Nut, 311 Neasden Lane North, London NW10

0AG 020 8452 8631

Haven't been there for years but when I did they seemed to have an amazing stock.

Regards Roger Woollett

Reply to
Roger Woollett

Cor - that takes me back.

Reply to
Skipweasel

That would be handy - I'll try the bone tomorrow, but looking on streetview, there is a 'for sale' board lurking in front of the shop and the web site proudly advertised on the ex-illuminated sign is sadly 404.

Reply to
Adrian C

Nut screws washers and bolts.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

There's always one, isn't there? And, come to think about it, its always that one!

Reply to
bobharvey

How soon do you need them?

Is

the same or near enough?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

the same or near enough?

Wot he said. Or failing that Screwfix. There's bound to be a branch in Nodnol. TAAW Machine Mart, Tool Station and or Bell Tools.

Reply to
malc

> the same or near enough?

Close enough (thanks) except dropping money at RS tends to be a last resort on account of their non-friendly B2C attitude.

Nope, item ney stocked.

Reply to
Adrian C

I find dealing with RS online easy and have not had any problems with them in around 9 years. I used to use Farnell frequently but gave up when they started pushing their website and not supplying me with a printed catalogue anymore. The Farnell printed catalogue almost always had the information to make a purchase decision, whereas the website was crap and the extra time taken to dig up the data killed it, it has improved somewhat but I still find the RS site better for ready access to the data on most occasions. I'm likely to make a Farnell purchase soon only due to RS not having the items I require, the last time was about 3 years ago.

Reply to
David Billington

I'm looking for a bag of M3 clinch nuts, like ...

Problem is in this situation I'm not keen to build a whole order up to a minimum order quantity for free delivery, or pay more than £5 for delivery and then add VAT on top. Just want to jump on a bus, and maybe pay the higher unit cost premium for something being available on a shelf. Yell.com is however useless.

Anyone know of a decent ironmongers / nuts & bolts merchant in NW London?

Reply to
Steve

I have an account, order today, arrive tomorrow, no delivery charges, pay by 21st next month.

I've never had a problem.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

shows two.

Thanks for that. They have a branch in Wembley which is nice - but - Nope, they don't do 'em.

Reply to
Adrian C

Panda eats shoots and leaves.

Reply to
Adrian C

Wombat eats roots and leaves.

Reply to
Ivan D. Reid

I hope he remembers to say "Thanks, Sheila."

Reply to
Sn!pe

Thirty seconds after foreplay, "Brace yerself, Sheila!"

Reply to
Ivan D. Reid

Mhowmany does /what/ to nuts ?

Reply to