Milling Machine Spares

Hi All, Before I set to to make one, does anyone know if I can buy a replacement longitudinal feed screw nut for a Marlow Mill? It's 1" O/D, 1.625" long with square thread .75" X 10 TPI.

Any help appreciated,

Alan.

Reply to
alan

Alan

Try somebody like DQR....leadscrews are their business.

DQR Precision Ltd Unit 11, Colchester Business Centre 1 George Williams Way, Colchester, CO1 2JS, UK, UK

Tel 01206 766116 Fax 01206 766117

E-mail snipped-for-privacy@dqr.co.uk

--

Chris Edwards

On or around 15 Mar 2007 00:37:09 -0700, "alan" enlightened us thusly:

those dimensions sound odd. I suspect an error in the length.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 15 Mar 2007 00:37:09 -0700, "alan" enlightened us thusly:

oooops. read the post properly, Shackles. As you were.

Anyone got the kit to make these kinds of things? I could do with a crossfeed nut for the colchester lathe.

Mind, I could probably convert that to the same spec as the newer ones, which have the nut split into 2 halves and a tapered wedge to push said nut apart and take out the play in the threads.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I could make that, I guess. But making just one sounds expensive.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I brought a tap to do early Colchesters