Model Engineer - Better news

Better news on Military Modelling,

Future are well established publishers of a range of hobby related books.

I'm still trying to work out how you rack up debts of £25m?

MH

Reply to
max

I think that article is a year out of date.

-- Peter Neill Suffolk, England

Reply to
Peter Neill

Yes, 14th February 2005....

Peter

Prepair Ltd

That deal was blocked by the OFT and Future bought only 38 titles. ME and MEW weren't in that sale.

£25m debt is easy. You just spend money faster than you earn it (and buy some rubbish aswell)

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

That's right - it was/is very old news.

Latest info (from some part of the horse's anatomy ) seems to be that there is some kind of staff announcement due at Orpington tomorrow, so watch this space.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Red face here!

I'd missed the date, sorry! or perhaps a combination of not being in 2006 yet and wishful thinking.

Humble pie is being eaten as I write.

MH

Reply to
max

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a habit of getting things wrong with alarming regularity.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Hi everyone

I have just picked up this thread and I am a current subscriber to MEW, so wondered if there has been any further news on this since Tuesday?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Hi everyone

I have just picked up this thread and I am a current subscriber to MEW, so wondered if there has been any further news on this since Tuesday?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

I spoke to someone on the SMEE stand at Ally Pally today (Sunday) who said that the publishers of ME went into administration one morning last week and the company was sold two hours later! He couldn't remember the name of the buyers - Blue something - but believed it was a management buyout. So, hail to the new boss, same as the old boss.

-Neil F.

Reply to
neil f