[Planet News] 2006 X PRIZE Cup set for October 20-21, 2006

X PRIZE Cup Earth?s Great Space Exposition

The 2006 X PRIZE Cup is a thrilling two-day event focused on the advancement of future private space travel. Join us at the Las Cruces International Airport on October 20th and 21st to experience high impact and high excitement, live space-related competitions and demonstrations including:

o Lunar Landing Vehicle Competitions o Space Elevator Games o Dozens of High-Powered Rocket Launches o A real Rocket-Powered Man in flight o Rockets Bikes and Truck Demonstrations o Space Street with dozens of displays on the history of space flight o Static Engine Firings o Military Fly-bys and more?

There are also opportunities for those interested to becoming more involved by joining an X PRIZE Cup crew. We are looking for dedicated individuals to work with K-12 students as docents and in our education tent. We also need motivated crew members to assist with parking control, VIPs, working with the video and media personal, manning booths, etc.

To sign up as volunteer, please go to the following link and fill out the volunteer form at

or email Andy Dorsey at snipped-for-privacy@xprize.org or call our office at 505-646-6732.

To purchase tickets, please visit our website at

or call (866) 468-7621.

Further details on the content of the event can be found on our website at:

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the event.

----- Andrew Dorsey X Prize Cup Promotions and Volunteer Coordinator Office 505.646.6732 Cell 505.644.9250

Planet News