Mysterious noises from my Escort

Examine transmission/motoe mounts on left side as well as how exhaust clears nearby parts. Cars flex under load which can cause parts not normally in contact to rub. This can transmit/amplify vibration. Additionally, seams can ouen up under stress; this could be an exhaust leak that sounds louder when flexed. Bring your car by my house and we can figure out what's wrong.

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

Hang on a bit. This thread of Bills was ages ago, since then he's fixed it, ran it 134,000 miles and part chopped it for a Mungdayo. The Escort has now been to China, been processed and is now parked in five drives in the West Midland as five different Daywoo's.

[ Sorry 4 if last night controlled explosion was in the West Midlands ] .

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

John Stevenson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sorry, thought this was a current msg thread. Must be a time warp due to global warming.

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

Will this global warming lark improve the heater fan on my Ford Escort?

-was wheel bearings, rear ones. They were all pitted inside the outer race.

Put a new water pump on last month. overheated near Bolton and arrived back in Blackpool on a recovery van.

That lil Escort does 60 miles to the gallon! lol, even more on the back of the recovery van! ;o)

Reply to
Billy H

controlled explosions? I wish. My little metro (built to corner at the Plough in Southport - all four wheels'd leave the floor if you tweaked the wheel proper; just as one hit the *ramp*) made front page news in the YEP. Someone put a bomb in it while I worked in the pub and blew it's window jambs on the doors to skew-if. Windscreen was maybe 20 yards up the road. Police were more concerned about the phone box the vandals attacked the same night.

deary deary.

oh and it's closer to 140000 now John :oD

thit began running better when I stopped putting the diesel treatment in. Maybe it should be flushed through with it and then run on untreated derv? lol, I was using a litre a month. Then stopped and economy went up markedly.

I'll treat it again soon.

Right after I Redex my mother's Beamer.

Regards.

Reply to