Number of Model Engineers in the UK?

The World- not the internet and whatever still sets a reasonable standard of respectable decency. Frankly, I am not interested in what is filth.
Read the postings if you must. I'm far from being a prude but really?
How does one pull the plug and get out?
Norm

What on earth is this bloke on about, John S answers a valid post clearly and politely and this goon is rabbiting on about respectable decency and filth ?
Sorry where did this come from ?
Some village somewhere up North is missing it's idiot.
PR.

Steady on guys. John's explanation was clear enough and helpful as far as I am concerned. Norm was no doubt on about the other stuff that turns up here as a result of cross posting ( or is it also multi-posting?) which has nothing to do with engineering and continually attacks someone who, it seems, has questionable ethics and behaviour. Such is the way that things work but I too would rather folks thought a bit more before hitting the Reply button. I also wish folks would learn to snip the irrelevant parts of posts. Some get tediously long. Yes - I know - learn to live with it!
Cheers
Henry
No goon, no idiot,just a very ordinary bloke who no longer wishes to be associated with the the lowest form of animal life. If others wish to condone this,so be it.
'Let all the poisons that are in the mud, hatch out'

On Sat, 30 May 2009 06:23:12 -0700 (PDT), ravensworth2674

Norm -
Your options are limited:
(1) Like most people, that want to use the Internet for the value it can give, rather than the less palateable or simply irrelevant stuff thats out there, you can learn to use the tools available to you (kill filters, SPAM filters, firewalls, ...whatever) and ignore/delete the stuff that still gets through.
(2) Literally pull the plug and get out.
If you can't cope with either of those options, then tough luck.
But my point was that either way, be aware (as all of us should) that whatever you post, in some peoples' eyes you will be contributing to the noise rather than to the useful content.
Regards, Tony

Perhaps being able to drive should be one pre requisite before being allowed out on the super highway,

You already know the answer to that one, you don't have to ask it.
John S.