Odd ball request for supplier info - door seal

Dear All

Slightly odd request, but I am sure someone may have a answer as I am looking for a high temperature seal, my In-laws have a old gas cooker (estimate around 35 - 40 yrs) and the oven door seal is now getting too worn to effect a good air tight seal. I have tried the current company which inherited the name of the original manufacturer, however they no longer supply this door seal.

Does anyone out there know of a supplier for a 1/2" diameter rope type sealing cord which could be used in domestic cookers - if you do not know if it can be used give me the suppliers details and I will enquire.

Best regards and Happy Christmas to all.

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

A supplier of range type cookers (Aga, Rayburn etc), or maybe solid fuel stoves, should be able to supply this, it's used for the hotplate lids on some models.

I bought some from a place in Cardigan last year, but I should think most such dealers would keep it.

HTH

Tim

Tim Leech

Exactly the sort of stuff I use to seal my Rayburn. It's not cheap, mind, and you might have to put up with the unbearable smugness that seems to emanate from the average Aga shop. Don't forget a pot of glue for the rope.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

You could try my local supplier. Can't say that I've asked for that but I've bought other seal kits from them. Domestic Applicances Sudbury, Suffolk Tel: 01787 374771

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles, Glad to hear they are still going strong, bought many an item from them to keep wife happy :-))

Mart> >

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Dear All

Again our web group has come up with some solutions to a problem, thanks to all the guys that responded - I will be visiting the local Aga and Rayburn dealers this weekend to see if I can aquire the necessary seal and save my in-laws the hassle of changing part of the kitchen to incorporate a new cooker (non will fit in the space the current one occupies).

Thanks and Happy Christmas

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Just a thought, have a look on ebay for a secondhand cooker which matches their old one, or even down the recycling tip.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

There is also the stuff used by wood burning stove suppliers if Aga don't deliver. Probably a lot cheaper.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes