Pub gas

I do a relatively small amount of MIG/MAG welding but enough that the little toy disposable bottles don't last very well. At the moment, I'm paying about £40 a year to BOC for rental on my argon/co2 bottle and get pissed off that I'm paying as much for the bottle as for the gas. Since I don't need argon mix much these days, I could go over to pure CO2.

Does anyone know any good suppliers of pub gas that do owner bottles or cheap/free rental?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Try the Nuneaton Welding Supply Whitacre Road, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV11 6BY 02476325909 A couple of years ago they used to have bottles you could buy and get refilled - much cheaper than BOC.

Reply to
Gary Wooding

I haven't tried them yet. Just before I read your reply I found:- Cheers Cellar Gas

7, Atholl Crescent,Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV10 7PB

They are delivering a couple of 3kg (half size) ex-brewery pub gas bottles for £10 each with no rental. This works out slightly more than BOC for the gas but infinitely less for the bottles, or a third of the price of disposables but still with bottles small enough to be portable.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

pissed off that

bottles or

disposables but

Mark,

In the days I used to travel the country, I had a standard pub cylinder, and when empty would pop it in the boot. Invariably if I spotted a dray lorry delivering to a pub an 'on the spot' deal could be struck !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson