Regretted having started :-(

Even if that were the cause, no one made you watch it. Your comment betrays your underlying attitude of failing to accept responsibility.

snip

Accepting responsibility for lifestyle decisions at primary school age seems a bit harsh even for your high, somewhatTalibanesque, standards.
--

Roger Hayter

On 23/09/17 18:05, Roger Hayter wrote:

Oh dear, you really do twist things.
BTW, don't the Taliban try to stop women working? A bit like that selection board...

Don't worry about it Roger brian is just being brian ........beats me how he can live with himself .......
On 25/08/17 11:47, Spike wrote:

I wore specs from ared 14 - that's 1954. We had one girl in our year who had a hearing aid, and I have no reason to know about allergies elseset, but from 13 I was egg-intolerant.
I still am unable to eat (say) a boiled, fried, scrambled etc egg without being demonstrably ill.
--
Rusty Hinge

That sounds grim. I am fond of eggs, especially for breakfast. Thankfully the scare stories re their health impact have been turned on their head.
I met someone before with the same problem, he could eat dried egg. I've never tried it but have been curious about it ever since.

My daughter likes cauliflower and likes cheese, but can't stand Cauliflower Cheese.
--
;-)
.
disturbed my reverie and wrote:

I still love wagon wheels .....
disturbed my reverie and wrote:

...and five boys.....not all at the same time you understand
On 21/08/17 18:50, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:

I dunno - doesn't Coke contain phosphoric acid?
D&RFC
--
Rusty Hinge
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:31:02 +0100, just as I was about to take a
reverie and wrote:

Yes, but it is poor at dissolving calcium as calcium phosphate is not soluble. If it were, our skeletons would dissolve inside us.
--

73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT

On 23/08/17 17:44, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:

Some people's backbones excepted?
--
Rusty Hinge
On 14/08/17 17:33, Brian Reay wrote:

I would still use diseasel oil. Immersing the clockwork shouldn't do any harm unless there are rubberbits on it.

I don't agree. WD40 is (generally) the work of Stan

My mother (a physioterrorist) discovered how good ultrasound was for 'cleaning'. She and the manufacturer of her ultrasound therapy apparatus were trying to find a suitable flexible/elastic medium for a working surface which could make an interface between the sound-head and depressions in the body, such as armpits, round the collarbone etc.
She had a director of the London Rubber Co. on treatment who supplied her with a bumper box of condoms. With a tablespoon of water in the thing the lovely idea was destroyed from the inside, rubber or whatever they were made of was just 'peeled' from inside, leading to bursting in very short order. The spectacle drew some surprised looks from patients...
I have one of her old machines, and it works very well if the article to be cleaned is immersed in a fluid and the sound-head is held so that it is it touches the surface of the reservoir (usually a cramic or glass pot or bowl).
I cleaned a *very* grimy old motorcycle crankcase this way.
--
Rusty Hinge