Seen it all now.

Worth watching this Ebay sale. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Colchester-student-lathe-spares-handwheel_W0QQitemZ150322115490QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112399QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In article

Actually, I can see his point. I wouldn't mind a hand wheel for the leadscrew of my M300 - about the same size - but I'm not about to pay 189 for it. The fact that I'm also not about to buy this one to use as a pattern probably says more about my laziness than anything else.
David
--
David Littlewood

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:02:10 +0000, David Littlewood

A better starting point might be:
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machine-Spares/Machine-Handles/Spoked-Alum-Handwheels-with-Revolving-Handle/No57---125mm-AlHandwheel---Rev-Handle---12mm-Hole
Charles

Good point, Charles; hadn't noticed how big they were. Damn, just made an order with Arc this afternoon.
Now all I need to do is to figure out an epicyclic drive to get the handle to turn the RH thread leadscrew the "right" way....
David
--
David Littlewood

If it goes the wrong way just turn it 'tother way <g>
John S.
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:48:46 -0800 (PST), John S

Put the handle on the far end of the leadscrew?
Mark Rand <Running> RTFM

Buy the broken one and it won`t matter which way you turn it.