Solid Works. 3D design

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:07:32 +0100, David Littlewood

Dave -
Allow me to predict the outcome of your proposed straw poll to save you the bother of conducting it...
(a) 0% (b) 100%
Regards, Tony

Heh.
See what happens when I'm not rude to spammers?
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are a Bridgeport, a CNC Taig Mill, a Colchester
On 16 Apr 2007 06:44:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Paul -
Having read your posts in this thread it is painully obvious that you are in dire need of a spot of PR and marketing consultancy.
As a consultant with many years of experience (none of it in PR and marketing - but hey - that never stopped any consultant worth their salt), I would be delighted to offer you an introductory consultation for *only* the cost of a 5-seat Solid Works licence. A massive cost saving to you as I am sure you will agree, and one that will boost your productivity in no time at all. After the introductory consultation, I'm sure that you will be more than happy to sign up for my annual retainer.
Looking forward to a long and fruitful (for me) business relationship -
Regards, Tony
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes:

Well get this, we use Solidworks at work and if I find that we're buying from you, I'll make well sure we use a different distributor. Spamming is *not* a valid form of marketing and I hope your company goes bust if this is how you treat potential customers.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck

If you are a so-called professional then why are you hiding behing an anonymous hotmail address and refusing to actually say who you are, or what company you represent? No one in their right mind would take a post like this seriously if they were about to spend 5k+ on a software package.
Regards Kevin
On 16 Apr 2007 06:44:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Most of the people on this newsgroup are in fact quite seriously into engineering, either as a hobby or as employment or both.
You should learn a little more about Usenet and spamming/advertising before you start calling people for what they have said.
The people that make/sell Solidworks as a company must be pretty short of sales if they have to resort to this sort of sales pitch, which is pretty obviously getting you and your client absolutely nowhere, fast.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Good Gods man! You posted it to a recreational model engineering newsgroup.
If you really expected it to not draw any flack, you guessed wrong.
Most of the guys that have a solid need for software of this nature, are well aware of the market, in which, IMO, Solidworks ranks fairly well.
Posting a straight commercial post anywhere on usenet is liable to draw the wingnuts out of the wings, anyway.
FWIW the only tactic I have seen work is to be a participant in the group, and avoid the hard sell. Even then, you have to deal with the loons that think "spam" is anything remotely commercial, even if it IS relatively on topic with the newsgroup subject.
Posting using a hotmail address is kinda cheesy too. Leaves the impression that you are trying to hide something. If you want to not come across like a seller of dodgy copies, an email address that relates to the business is always good. Lends an air of credibility.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no real reason not to post the info that you did, but the hotmail addy was perhaps the very first thing that put me off the whole thing.
Having no sense of humor about the resultant flurries, that just shows, well, a lack of a sense of humor. Show a little class, man, it works much better than tantrums, even mild ones. Usenet is pretty near the wild west, as far as civility goes. Grow a thicker skin and carry on.
Got any links to any really cool work done with solidworks?
Cheers Trevor Jones
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I doubt you would sell a copy to anyone on this list after showing your arse like this.
Wes