Steam calliopes, anyone?

--I'm searching for info on a fellow named Andrew G Thompson who, back in 1977, wrote an article in Live Steam magazine about how to build a small steam calliope. In following issues he had a small ad featuring cored bronze calliope valve castings. These appear to be exactly what I need for my calliope project and I'm looking for these, or for something similar. Has anyone a bit more info to add? Thanx,

Reply to
steamer

Don't know about 1977 but Live Steam Jan/Feb 2003 (Vol 37/1) through to Sept/Oct 2003 has a full series by Conrad Milster on building a Steam Caliope.

cheers Sim> --I'm searching for info on a fellow named Andrew G Thompson who,

Reply to
SimonCarrLyme

--It figures; that's about the time I stopped subscribing! Thanks for the info; will see what there is to see.

Reply to
steamer

lbsc did a small one as a present for kids.i may have drawings in pdf

e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.u

-- bolma

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:

this thread:

bolmas

Sounds like a seafood supper to me...

Reply to
Steve W

--Ha! That's 'calliope', not 'calamari'! :-)

Reply to
steamer

'Calamari' isn't that Greek for 'Good Day' (vbg)

Reply to
Chris Holford