The Allchine M.E. Traction Engine

I need some help. Can anybody tell me what the - 5/32" x 40 hole for bibcock - is? It is located on the right hand tender side. I have no idea what a "bibcock" is or are used for. Can anybody spread som light on it? Thanks.

Reply to
Johannes Line

A tap or faucet or stopcock with a bent down nozzle. Makes filling buckets easier..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
Johannes Line

It was also used to "test" the water level in the tender. Often more than one was fitted at different heights.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall