Tinplate

OT I know - I apologise, but thought someone here might be able to help.

Does anyone know please where I could get small quantities of sheet tinplate?

Regards, Phil

Reply to
Phil Cross

Mallard Metals list in their catalogue 20"x28" sheets in 3 thicknesses but I think the received wisdom is to chat up your chip shop for an empty Vegetable Oil can and apply tinsnips.

Don Valentine

Reply to
Don Valentine

Sweet and biscuit tins are my main supply. Let me know if you need a tin of Roses emptying...

Joules

Reply to
Joules

Thanks for the responses.

I have often used old tins as a source of tinplate, but I did want a small supply that is flat, unpainted, and with a good surface finish. I shall try Mallard.

Thanks again, Phil

Reply to
Phil Cross

finish.

Phil,

If you are in striking distance of Bromley, I have a sheet or two that you are welcome to.

Regards,

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That is a generous offer, and thank you very much. However, I have this afternoon orderd a sheet from Mallard Metals. It was only £6 something, although postage and VAT doubled that.

I am actually near Wimborne, in Dorset, so it would be a long tonk to Bromley. Nevertheless, I am very grateful for the offer.

Thanks again, Phil.

Reply to
Phil Cross