Transport again

Anybody travelling from the South East/Suffolk to North Wales any time soon and want to move a couple of chucks?

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Perhaps I may jump on the bandwagon. Anyone going from Newark on Trent (ish) towards the SW who could pick up a cast iron base, 42" x 15" and weight about 60lbs ? Prior arrangements fell through :-(

regards

Reply to
Roland Craven

Hoping to go to South Wales (Brecon area) in a couple of weeks and could pick up in Cambridge. Can you find someone to do the last leg up to N Wales ?

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Charles

Where have the chucks got to be delivered to in North Wales?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Charles

Where have the chucks got to be delivered to in North Wales?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Dave

Prestatyn I believe. It's take one chuck up and bring a similar but crucially different chuck back. Could be posted if needed but I thought that I'd ask.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Roland,

Remind me to give you my phone number, I've been past Newark twice this week. :-((

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Charles

I am going from Buckinghamshire to Preston next Tuesday (for a site visit), if someone could get it to Bucks for Monday / Tuesday morning I could get it as far as say Chester services on M56 on Weds afternoon (return journey) and meet recipient there. Alternatively I will be going up to Corris (Corris Railway Society workshops) in mid Wales (about 10 miles south off Dolgellau) on 16th,

20th October and 10th November and could carry it as far as that. The recipent could collect later by arrangement.

Do not know if either of these will help you at all!

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Hi Dave ...Mark here... the other party

I could meet you at or on the way to Dolgellau.

I think ...

Got my car in bits ...should be ready by the 10th of November....if it ain't ...I've done something very wrong. :)

got to do some testing around that time anyhows .

any chance of a guided tour of the workshops :)

All the best.......mark

Reply to
mark

Hi Mark and Charles

If November is ok, I will be travelling up to Corris area from Oxford early on the Saturday morning (11th), anticipating getting there by noon - we have the second half of a slate wall rebuild going on that weekend up the line, Could see you Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and give you a look around our small workshop.

Will you be ok with directions, or shall I send you directions off group?

Is there anyone who would be able to get Charles's chuck to Marlow in Buckinghamshire or nearby before the 10th November, we will then need to work out how we get the swapped chuck back to Suffolk?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Dave

I can do the Marlow bit - I have to flog down the M4 in couple of weeks and can drop it off. I'll email you off list

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Ok great just stick the post code up for the venue ...

AA route or google will find it for me .

I'm really looking forward :)

Thanks Dave

all the best.mark

Reply to