Where to buy stainless-steel mesh?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of stainless-steel mesh? I only need a small amount, say 3 sq. ft., at least 12 inches wide.

Here's a pic of the stuff I'm talking about...

Ta very much.

Reply to
Steve

That looks like expanded mesh, rather than woven or welded.

Where are you? There's a firm in Grappenhall (Warrington) who are quite likely to have that sort of thing, and sell less than a containerload albeit at a price, though their name escapes me at the moment.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

My local B&Q (Trowbridge, Wilts) has it.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Yes I believe it is expanded. I'm in the east Manchester area, so Warrington isn't so far away. Thanks for the info..

Reply to
Steve

B&Q?? Blimey, I never gave them a thought. I'll try my local warehouse. I wonder which section they keep it in.

Reply to
Steve

I've just Googled and found Wirecloth Sales and Developments Ltd. Grappenhall. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve

Some on ebay, but I bought a large cooks sieve in the end, but they are woven.

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

cant be that far from me in Frome then

Reply to
Tim Bird

I keep trying eBay, but it all seems to be mesh for cars. The holes are too big. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve

You could try either

or

Rodney Pont

Thanks. Finemeshmetals appear to have the type of mesh I need. I wonder if they will supply the small amount I need! I've emailed them.

Reply to
Steve

B&Q have a surprising array of useful bits & pieces. Our warehouse has a metals section with all sorts of sections available, not as cheap as some suppliers, but open on Sunday afternoon -useful if stuck in the middle of a project.

You could try

they supply woven stainless steel mesh, not sure if they do small quantity though.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

offer stainless steel mesh in a variety of mesh sizes. Smallest piece that can be ordered is 6"x6", whereas other larger sizes can be obtained on request.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thats an interesting site, thanks. The call it 'gauze' though, not mesh, and they don't appear to do the exapnded type of mesh I need, though I would consider others if they looked good. Jacrew don't supply photos though :(

Reply to
Steve

This is called expanded metal by F H Brundel Ltd, Tel 02085 257 100.

They supply woven wire, welded mesh and expanded metal in various materials including stainless steel.

They deliver if asked, not sure about small quantities or minimum order as I normally got 1 x 2 m sheets of them.

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes