Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA/FS Harrison Mill for parts or as is???
Some time ago I purchased a Harrison Mill that had a vertical head with it. The idea was to use the head with my existing mill to give me more versatility and I have removed the vertical head. This...

Flypress handle??
A friend of mine has just aquired a reasonable flypress with a bodged handle made from what looks like a recycled pickaxe handle. Really a new one is needed. The real handle needs to fit a tapered...
8
8

lube oil
need alternative to myford nuto32 oil. have tried search on this site but unable to locate using various that I have seen it somewhere but where?
12
12

wanted: Darjeeling b class 0-4-0 sadle tank drawings/articles
Hi all, I am looking for drawings/construction articles of the B-class used by the DHR, preferably in 16mm/ft scale but any will do. I have managed to find two resources, but not gotten hold of them...

ML 10 manual
Having a minor clearout (most things go straight back into store as they might come in useful one day) Free to a good home, an installation, operation and maintenance manual for ML10 and Speed 10....

Gear cutting
Hi all, Is there a minimum number/type of gear cutters needed to do basic gear cutting. Ivan Law's book is very good, but leaves me high and dry knowing what is needed. John to the rescue? Regards...
9
9

wtd: myford ml7 countershaft belt guard
hi all, as per the heading, am after a myford ml7 countershaft guard belt, have checked the local papers here in Swindon, also been checking e-bay for a few weeks, anybody on this newsgroup, have a...

Tom Senior For Sale
Due to a forthcoming house move I have decided to sell my Tom Senior M2 milling machine. It is similar in size to the later M1, and I believe that the same accessories fit. It has the overarm for...

"Wei Yii Colt" -- Myford clone ?
I saw a Chinese-made lathe today with a nameplate that says "Colt", apparently made by a company called "Wei Yii". It looks a lot like a Myford - possibly an early ML10. The seller claims the Chinese...
2
2

ME Threads
Could someone point me towards tapping drill sizes and recommended bar O/D for these threads, none of my references have them listed (all my books are engineering, not model engineering). Regards...
1
1

Left-hand Screwcutting Woes
Greetings Has anyone had success in screwcutting left-hand threads on a Myford S7B where both flanks of the thread come out looking good? I've gone through several feet of leaded steel, trying to cut...
6
6

3 Phase Inverters.
Hi All, After reading John Stevensons reply re Inverters, I looked up the R.S. catalogue and was surprised at how low the price actually is, especially as these things seem to command a price of at...
1
1

HEYULLLP! Stainless machining problem
I am having a nightmare of a time trying to turn a chunk of stainless steel of dubious provenance and unknown type. It's a 65-odd mm diameter lump, that needs reducing to 50mm, then two collars (40mm...
4
4

Why the outcry.....
.....when comments are made differentiating the Radio Ham from the CBer? Can it be that the disease of CBness is now deeply infested in the tissues of radio activities, and the spawn of CBers is...
1
1

fs: 40 int er25 chuck
anyone want it? £30 I bought it and then bought er32 collets, as i wanted a 20mm i really need er32, don't ask why i did this as I don't know;-) anyone have an er32 chuck to sell, or swap... --...