Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help Help Urgent!! Methods used for data anaylsis of Thermal Analysis
Hello I am a student studying Polymeric Materials doing Thermal Analysis. The material for the research is PP/Clay Composites. The problem I found in my reserach is that the activation energy of that...
13
13

How to increase the degree of imidization of PI film?
Can someone help me to understand how to control PI film in Degree of imidization(D/I)? Just recently, I joined an industrial research group. My mission is to increase the D/I of PI film. To its...
1
1

Electrostatic interactions
It is known, that In order to decrease the electrostatic charge of a surface one has to apply some sort of conductive coating. But, what if you want to achieve the opposite, i.e. maximise the...
2
2

injection moulding discussion group
Hi There is a new Google discussion group specifically for injection moulding and plastics product design For those of you who want to be more specific and narrow down the scope of the information you...

Help: Template Delrin Project
I need to drill 3 to 5 holes in 1/4" thick Delrin plates that is 4" in diameter and was hoping to get recommendations on the best Dremel and accesories to use for this purpose. The holes will not all...
4
4

Checking OH number
Hi, I would like to Know if there=B4s a faster method to check OH number of a polyester resin than the pyridine=B4s method (that takes 1 hours to be completed). Thank you very much, Rodrigo Toledo
2
2

Material Question
Can someone help me with a suggested plastic material for an injection molded part? I'v edone some research on Matweb, but I'm no engineer, but I will give you my best guess ;) polyimide. The...
12
12

Control of the viscosity of high MW Polyimide
Recently, I got PI solution of 6.7wt%, 34cps in NMP+BE+GBL. The MW of PI was around 80k. I tried to synthesize similar PI solution with the MW of 60k -100k, which showed viscosity of 129 - 150 cps at...
1
1

1K epoxy system
Hi, I wnt to formuate1k Epoxy system which gets cured at 50-60 celcius. can anyone help with the curing system. Thank you Gaurang Thosani dgc
3
3

Diethyl malonate
Does anyone know of a UK supplier of diethyl malonate? Kind regards Colin Reed
5
5

Crosslinkable polymer that is completely insoluble in acetone
Hi Need some help here, looking for a resist that can be spun on and crosslinked either by thermal or UV process. It is critical that it is completely insoluble in acetone. As low surface energy as...

Polyester Calculation
Hi, Need your help once more: What is the OH number of the resin below: Adipic Acid - 552,2grams Trimethilopropane TMP - 35,5 grams DEG - 412,3 grams I=B4m not sure, but I think it should be 56,...
6
6

OH number
Hi, Would like to know the better method to calculate the OH number in a polyester resin, I mean, how to calculate the theoretical OH number to a given formulation. Thank you very much, Rodrigo

bonding to stainless steel
Hello, I'm interested in bonding polymer to a stainless steel surface. What is a good interface for this... silane, zirconium, phosphate film? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely,...
3
3

Promotion of welding for plastic.
Dear sir.. Please help me.. We should weld TPU with PET(or LDPE).. Is it possible?? are there any additives for PET(or LDPE)?? Best regards.
3
3