Looking for a shear-thickening materials

I'm looking for a shear-thickening materials for my work. The only one I could find in the internet was corn starch. Is there any material other than corn starch? plz let me know. Thank you.

Reply to
Kim, C. H.

Try looking again using the term "dilatant", which is another term for shear thickening. Make sure that you really have shear thickening and not rheopexy (time dependent behavior).

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

I think HPMC (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose) is shear-thickening also.

Reply to
N. Ron